Sydney University Speleological Society (SUSS)
Come CAVING with SUSS! Sydney University’s only truly underground society!
No matter what you’re into – whether a full-on expedition to some of the Southern Hemisphere’s deepest caves in New Zealand, abseiling down subterranean waterfalls to discover kilometres of passage never seen before, or merely a relaxing weekend trip to Jenolan or Wombeyan taking in the natural beauty of the caves and valleys – SUSS can assist.
So come join the oldest caving society on mainland Aus!
For details refer to our website: Sydney University Speleological Society (caves.org.au)
– Gain permission to explore Australia’s most exquisite natural non-tourist cave formations.
– Train with some of Australia’s most experienced cavers!
– Learn general caving knowledge, belaying, single rope training, abseiling, canyoning, rock-climbing and bouldering, cave-diving, first-aid etc.
– Gain access to our clubs communal caving gear – save your money!
– Gain automatic membership to the Australian Speleological Federation (ASF), the national caving body.
*Please note due to the nature of SUSS also being a body of ASF, we have a unique sign-up process, details as per: Join Us (caves.org.au). You will not successfully enter our database by choosing to Join us through the USU website.
– Caving/outdoor trips every weekend!
– Regular indoor events to practice our skills, including rock-climbing, rope-techniques and bouldering events at the Ledge at discounted prices.
– We also run trips beyond NSW, extending across all of Australia and even internationally!
– Other outdoor experiences: canyoning, cave diving, bushwalking, water rafting, camping etc!
– Monthly social members meetings during semester including caving-related presentations and discussion of future activities. Usually ending at the pub for a chilled catch up and beer. Newbies always welcome!