Booking USU rooms - SPACE
C&S rooms in the Holme Building and Manning House can be booked by Executives of registered clubs for events and activities free of charge. These rooms can be booked online via the C&S Online Portal (SPACE).
Rooms booked outside of the normal building open hours may be requested but will incur a staffing charge. C&S Room Booking Guidelines:
- Executives may book C&S rooms free of charge on weekdays for a maximum of 2 hours per day (per club, not per room).
- The 2 hour limit may be extended by request to the C&S Office.
- Rooms booked outside of the normal building open hours may be permitted with special permission from the C&S Office but will incur a staffing charge, and must be booked 2 weeks in advance.
- Clubs may not BYO alcohol to any C&S rooms, however, Holme Building and Manning House fall under the USU Liquor License and alcohol may be purchased from Manning Bar or Courtyard Bar and Restaurant and taken to C&S rooms.
- C&S Rooms are booked free of charge but come as they are; we do not offer setup or equipment. The furniture displayed on the room floor plan should be in place, but we cannot guarantee the furniture will be available at the time of your booking, or positioned as per the floor plan.
- Furniture must be returned to its correct position and the end of the booking as per the diagram provided in each room.
- Clubs must be registered within the C&S Program to retain room bookings.
- At the conclusion of your room booking, rooms must be clean and tidy. All rubbish must be removed, and dirty surfaces wiped where food or drinks have been consumed.
- The organiser will be held responsible for any damages and/or cleaning required and will be charged a cleaning fee.
- Any damage or mess discovered in the rooms should be reported immediately to the C&S Office.
- Only approved clubs may use the Elliott Miller Studio, and it must be used for performance/rehearsal purposes, not to conduct meetings.
How do I access my login details?
Login details are sent to a new executive team along with their Welcome Emails.
Why can't I book this room?
Bookings are required to be made at least 1 day in advance. If you require a room under short notice and SPACE is not allowing you to book as it has determined you are not giving enough notice, please give us a ring so we can assist you.
Booking for more than two hours
You can request to extend a booking, and we will be able to do so for you if there are no other bookings. We may ask you to wait up to a week before the booking to make the extension in order to ensure that all clubs have a fair chance of making a booking.
Booking over the holidays
Bookings may still be available over semester breaks, although they may be at reduced hours. Please refer to the Clubsuite announcement page for specific information.