Sydney University Speleological Society – we go CAVING!
Come CAVING with SUSS! Sydney University’s only truly underground society!
No matter what you’re into – whether a full-on expedition to some of the Southern Hemisphere’s deepest caves in New Zealand, abseiling down subterranean waterfalls to discover kilometres of passage never seen before, or merely a relaxing weekend trip to Jenolan or Wombeyan taking in the natural beauty of the caves and valleys – SUSS can assist.
So come join the oldest caving society on mainland Aus!
Why join us?
- Gain permission to explore Australia’s most exquisite natural non-tourist cave formations.
- Train with some of Australia’s most experienced cavers!
- Learn general caving knowledge, belaying, single rope training, abseiling, canyoning, rock-climbing and bouldering, cave-diving, first-aid etc.
- Gain access to our clubs communal caving gear – save your money!
Famous FOMO experiences on offer
- Caving/outdoor trips every weekend!
- Regular indoor events to practice our skills, including rock-climbing, rope-techniques and bouldering events at the Ledge at discounted prices.
- We also run trips beyond NSW, extending across all of Australia and even internationally!
- Other outdoor experiences: canyoning, cave diving, bushwalking, water rafting, camping etc!
Meet ups & Community
- Monthly social members meetings including caving-related presentations and discussion of future activities. Usually ending at the pub for a chilled catch up and beer. Newbies always welcome!
- Gain automatic membership to the Australian Speleological Federation, the national caving body.