C&S Meeting Notice Information
Every club and society needs to advertise official meetings on a recognised USU publication for their meeting to be considered valid. This means you need to submit details of your meeting accompanied by a full agenda of your meeting (there is an agenda template for you to follow below).
Important things to note:
- This is not a room booking. Make sure you’ve booked a room for your meeting before submitting notice.
- You need to give 14 days’ notice of an IGM, AGM, or a General Meeting if you are electing any positions or voting to change your constitution. For General Meetings without an election or constitutional amendments, your club needs to give 7 days’ notice
1. OPENING AND WELCOME
2. APOLOGIES AND LEAVES OF ABSENCE
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING & BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
4. ANNUAL REPORTS
5. CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS (Optional)
If you are making constitutional amendments, you must list all clauses you are proposing changes to in detail.
6. ELECTION OF EXECUTIVES (Required at an IGM or AGM)
- Appointment of Returning Officer
- Nominations will be considered and voted on for the following positions: President, Secretary, Treasurer (add other relevant positions)
- Insert nomination instructions
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
8. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
9. CLOSE OF MEETING
Submit your event