C&S Meeting Notice Information
Every club and society needs to advertise official meetings here on the USU website for their meeting to be considered valid. This means you need to submit the details of your meeting accompanied by a full agenda
of your meeting. You should also advertise your official meetings to your members via your societies Social Media pages or via Email using the same full agenda
you submit to the USU website.
Important things to note:
- This is not a room booking. Make sure you’ve booked a room for your meeting before submitting notice.
- You need to give 14 days’ notice of an IGM, AGM, or a General Meeting if you are electing any positions or voting to change your constitution. For General Meetings without an election or constitutional amendments, your club needs to give 7 days’ notice.
- The agenda template is not the same as the minutes template. Please locate the current minutes template on Clubsuite before your meeting.If you cannot access Clubsuite, please email the Clubs and Societies Office (email@example.com) asking for meeting templates.
- The Returning Officer conducts the Election of Executives. They cannot Move or Second nominations, and cannot vote in elections.
- Even IGMs REQUIRE a Returning Officer. "Returning Officer" is just the name of the position. They do not need to be a returning executive, it can be anyone.
Below is the full agenda template
. Copy it into the "Full Event Details" box on the Event Submission page
. Before submitting the meeting notice, insert the relevant information where it is required (Replacing the Bold
, and Italicised [TEXT]
), and remove the instructions and examples (All the other text in Blue
). Please re-number the sections appropriately when unused sections are removed.
AGENDA OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF [INSERT CLUB NAME HERE]
TO BE HELD AT [INSERT TIME AND DATE HERE] AT [INSERT LOCATION HERE]
1. OPENING AND WELCOME
2. APOLOGIES AND LEAVES OF ABSENCE
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING & BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
4. ANNUAL REPORTS (Required at AGMs. Remove Otherwise)
i) Presidents Report
ii) Treasurers Report
5. CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS (Include if there are proposed amendments. Remove otherwise)
(You must list all clauses you are proposing changes to in detail.)
The following amendments to the constitution are proposed:
4.1 The Society shall have an executive consisting of
4.1 The society shall have an executive consisting of
6. ELECTION OF EXECUTIVES (Required at all IGMs and AGMs, may be used in part at GMs. Remove otherwise)
Appointment of Returning Officer
Nominations will be considered and voted on for the following positions:
[INSERT SPECIFIC NOMINATION INSTRUCTIONS HERE]
- [INCLUDE ALL EXECUTIVE POSITIONS INDIVIDUALLY IN THIS LIST]
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
i) Nomination of Bank Signatories (Required at all IGMs and AGMs, or if Bank Signatories are changing at a GM or OM. Remove otherwise)
ii) [INSERT ANY OTHER SPECIFIC GENERAL BUSINESS HERE (Optional)]
8. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
9. CLOSE OF MEETING